T-shirt rehab

Standard

I tried on a shirt at Target last week (bad neckline, so I didn’t buy it) that had these cool flowers on it that seemed to be no more than torn strips of fabric sewn on in a spiral and finished with hand-drawn leaves. I decided to give it a try at home on a plain shirt that needed some embellishment. The flowers turned out nicely, although the cool batik pattern of the strips is pretty much obliterated. The hand-drawn (fabric marker) leaves look a little goofy because I’m a terrible drawer, but really the ones on the shirt at Target didn’t look that great either, so we’ll say it’s part of the look. This shirt was a bit big on me to start out with, which can’t be helped, but at least I like it better now than I did. I think I’ll try to put more flowers on something soon, maybe something for Dorothy.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s